Dr. David Weiss is President & CEO of Weiss International Ltd. David and his team of learning and organizational consultants lead innovative projects that generate effective strategy, leadership, innovation, and HR solutions for leaders throughout Canada, USA, and Europe.
Some of his more recent projects include:
- Facilitating strategic planning, restructuring, & change management
- Designing executive team governance and alignment agreements
- Facilitating innovative thinking to gain insight into complex issues
- Designing and delivering innovation, change & leadership workshops
- Executive coaching and conducting 360° survey processes
Dr. Weiss currently is also a guest faculty at executive development programs at Rotman, Schulich, and St. Mary’s University and he is an Executive Education Facilitator at DeGroote. His received his Ph.D. from the University of Toronto and he has three Masters degrees, in Education, Psychology and Philosophy. David is also an Advisory Board member of the Institute for Performance and Learning, an Institute Certified Director (ICD.D) with the Institute of Corporate Directors, a Certified HR Executive (CHRE), and a Certified Training and Development Professional (CTDP). Previously, Dr. Weiss was an Affiliate Professor of the Rotman School of Management, a Senior Research Fellow at Queen’s University, a Director on the Board of the Princess Margaret Hospital Foundation, the Chief Innovation Officer in a multinational consulting firm, and the Past-President of the Industrial and Organizational Psychology Section of the Ontario Psychological Association and a Director on their Board of Directors.
Dr. David Weiss has received numerous international honours, among them:
- The “Distinguished Lecturer” certificate from the Government of Canada and Government of Ontario
- The “HR Leadership Award” by the Asia-Pacific HR Congress
- The “HR Distinction Award” by the Israel HR Association
- The first lifetime “Fellow” of the Institute for Performance and Learning (formally CSTD)
- The lifetime “Fellow” designation of the Human Resources Professionals Association (FHRPA)
- “Lifetime Member” of the “Global Directory of Who’s Who” and the “Presidential Who’s Who”
Dr. Weiss is a sought-after motivational speaker and has conducted executive sessions in Canada, USA, England, Hungary, Switzerland, China, Malaysia, Russia, Israel, Uganda, South Africa, and Chile. He has delivered over 250 conference presentations and has written over 50 journal and trade articles. Dr. Weiss has authored or co-authored six business books: Leadership-Driven HR (Jossey-Bass, 2013), Innovative Intelligence (Wiley, 2011, also available in Chinese), Leadership Solutions (Jossey-Bass, 2007), The Leadership Gap (Wiley, 2005, also available in Korean), High Performance HR (Wiley, 1999), and Beyond the Walls of Conflict (McGraw Hill, 1996, also available in French). His co-authored book, Innovative Intelligence, was a “top 5 business book for 2011” reported by CBC News (February 17, 2012) and his most recent book Leadership-Driven HR was listed by the Globe & Mail Report on Business as the #1 business book seller on April 9, 2013. For more information about Weiss International Ltd. and for free downloads of over 30 of David’s articles (in English and French) please view www.weissinternational.ca